January's box was curated by The Man Repeller. If you don't read her (and I honestly had never heard of her, but love what I know now), she blogs about how fashionable things tend to be things women like, not things that attract men. Of course she's totally right. I like runway chic clothing...my husband would prefer me in jeans and a sweater.
"Hey friend! Please enjoy the glossy box even though you are so damn pretty you don't need the aid of my fav. products."The inside of the note has a list of what came in your particular box. I ordered 2 boxes (got the second one for $15), but since both boxes contained the exact same thing, down to the lip color, it's making this review easier. I will review the products as I try them!
• Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara. Full size is .27 oz. I got 2 each 0.1 oz, so between the 2 I almost have a full size.
• Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum. Full size is 1 oz. Each one I got is 0.17 oz. I'm excited to try this because I actually own an Umbrian Clay Bar and LOVE it!
• Living Proof Prime Style Extender. Full size is 5 oz. Each of mine are 1 oz. Not a bad size at all! (Glossybox has more travel sizes, rather than sample sizes.) It's supposed to help go longer between shampoos and styling.
• Narciso Rodriguez for her Eau de Toilette Spray. Full size is 1.6 oz for the small. Mine is in my bag, but it's the normal sample size spritzer everyone has gotten before.
• OPI "Can't Let Go" Liquid Sand Nail Lacquer. This was a full size product.
• Vincent Longo Lipstain Lipstick in Americana. This was a full size product.
• Le Metier de Beaute Replenishing Daily Solution. Full size is 1.17 oz (and $225). Size included was a sample 0.1 oz.
So, I ordered this because it looked amazing (there was a full sneak peak on The Man Repeller). I love a good red lipstick, so I was thrilled to get that. And while the price of the full size of the Le Metier is steep, it's no secret I'll pay a ton for a good skin care product, so I was curious to try it. Basically i thought the whole box looked good.
I've tried the lipstain lipstick and actually like it. I was worried because it leans slightly towards the warm/orange side and I tend to stick with blues, but it actually looked good. I'd love to try a different color, but if I don't end up trading one, I won't be heartbroken. (Photo taken on a 2.5 mile walk to my mom group in a horrible 71 and humid weather. I walked in looking like a hot mess. Ha!)
I tried the Estee Lauder mascara today and actually liked it. Didn't seem to clump, which is important for me, and dried quickly enough that my long lashes didn't leave marks above my eyes.
I already passed on to a friend tonight the second OPI nail polish because while I love purple, it's brighter, it's textured, and there is no way I will go through 2 bottles. I will do a post soon on the color because I'll be wearing it for the Ravens in the Superbowl this weekend!
Overall I like the box. However, their customer service is a hot mess, they pissed a lot of people off by essentially overselling their ability to fulfill in a timely manner, they substituted a blush in for quite a few instead of a lip color (and apparently Leandra, The Man Repeller wasn't aware they were doing that), and they didn't respond well to customers other than to consistently say they would be shipping soon. Some still haven't gotten their boxes.
I'm signed up for a 3 month subscription so I'll share how this all works out. The boxes are nice, though mine didn't include a free lipstick I used a code for when I signed up. I've been told not having a code be honored in the mailing process isn't unusual, but I'm still planning to e-mail them. We'll see how this plays out over the next 2 months. I'm hoping this was a fluke because of the collaboration and that I'll have nothing bad to say after the next two.